Next: The listener
Up: Detailed design
Previous: Listening Thread
The csicq server is an application written in C and compiled
The main goals of the server are as follows:
- Listen on the predefined designated icqlib port and
accept new connections.
- Provide a separate thread for each connection.
- Receive requests from the user and forward them to the
ICQ network using icqlib.
- Receive events from the ICQ network using icqlib and
forward them to the user.
- Maintain and manage a database for users' contact lists.
We will now describe in detail how the server accomplishes