Previous: Contact list and database
The conventions of the database are as follows:
- The path of the database is indicated by the constant
DB_PATH (see db.h).
- The contact list on a certain UIN is stored in the
database path in a file called <uin>.cl The
extension is determined by the constant DB_EXT
which is currently set to ``.cl'' (see db.h).
- The structure of a contact list file is a sequence of
two-row entries. The first row indicates the UIN of the
contact where the second indicates its nickname (see contactlist.c).
- A contact name's length is at most
MAX_CNAME_SIZE characters (see contactlist.h).
- A UIN cannot appear twice in the contact list.