Next: Server side
Up: Description of the problem
Previous: Description of the problem
The client GUI is an applet that provides the following functionality.
- Present GUI to user.
- The functionality of the client
(and the entire ICQ network) is available to the user via a
simple GUI for sending and receiving messages, viewing the
contact list and supporting the functionality.
- Connect to server using TCP/IP.
- The Applet maintains
connection with a running thread of the server that is
responsible for maintaining the ICQ functionality for that
- Provide ICQ functionality.
- Login to the ICQ network.
- Show ICQ contact list.
- Add user (ICQ UIN) to contact list.
- Remove user from contact list.
- Send message to an ICQ user.
- Read received messages.
- Logout from ICQ network.